Subject: Use of Varptr
From: Zodiac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 10:53:08 WST

Hiyas,
  Last night I was stuffing around with passing Varptr's as parameters to
procedures, trying to pass the address of an array of floating point numbers.
The problem is that I couldn't just Poke(Varptr(ARRAY)+OFFSET) to get to
ARRAY(OFFSET).  I noticed that each successive Varptr was 4 units apart, and
this morning I realized why the values I Poked weren't what was stored.
  So could someone tell me 
* How to use Varptr, Poke and Peek to store (properly) and read from an array
  of integers?
* How to use Varptr, Poke and Peek to store (properly) and read from an array
  of floats? (Ie, the set up of the float, such as the mantissa length...that
  sort of garbage, and where they are stored wrt the array's adress).

Carl.

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you wanna be in my gang, stand up with me.
 We'll start a revolution, and make the streets free.
 We'll never weaken, we'll give it our best.
 Can't be defeated, we're better than the rest."
               - Rose Tattoo : 'We Can't be Beaten'.

"So tell the whole world I'm not me I'm someone else and he's gone with me too."
               - Nik Kershaw : 'Gone to Pieces'.

                             +------------------+
                             | Carl Wooltorton. |
                             +------------------+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------